4/20/22 THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
Hello All Charger Families,
After 10+ years of service, Kathleen Shelton, Chargers SC Business Director, has announced that she will be retiring with her husband effective 7/31/22. Although it is sad to lose a key member of our staff, we thank her for her years of service and wish her well in her new life!
Based on this upcoming staff change, we have reviewed and shifted some of the responsibilities creating this new position, Business Manager.
The responsibilities & requirements of the Business Manager position are listed below.
We are looking to begin interviews quickly with the goal of getting the new staff member on board by 5/15/22-6/1/22 so that Kathleen can provide much of the training.
To be considered, please:
- Complete the Employment Application Form (using extra sheets of paper, if needed),
- Attach your resume, and
- Confidentially submit them and any other key information you would like us to know about you via email to Kathleen@ChargersSoccer.com.
Thank you! GO CHARGERS!
Chargers Soccer Club
Business Manager Job Opening (3/25/22)
The Business Manager is a W-2 employee and reports directly to the Board. This position manages most of the club’s non-profit business and financial aspects including general accounting, financial management, customer service, technology, insurance management, general HR and works with other Chargers staff to support registration, risk management, database management, communications, and marketing.
Although this is a work-from-home position, there are meetings the Business Manager will need to attend. Those are mainly in the Gulf Coast area (near all the club’s campuses/programs) and some state-wide meetings.
Responsibilities and Duties
Accounting & Financial Management
- Manages set up, maintenance & use of the club’s QuickBooks Online account & data.
- Manages set up, maintenance & use of the club’s TSYS merchant & PayPal accounts including merchant account PCI Compliance. Allocates credit card transactions to QuickBooks to properly distribute the merchant account bank deposits to each program/campus for accounting & budget purposes. Supports the the Team Account Bookkeeper to post all TeamSnap transactions for team fee collections.
- Gathers & works with all club departments’ proposed budget information per campus/program collating all in preparation for board approval. Manages the approved budget keeping all programs on track to operate within their budget including completing periodic financial analysis.
- Creates, generates & manages payroll processing for W-2 employees & 1099 staff including proper tax filings, year-end reporting coordinating with internal staff and with outsourcing partner(s).
- Manages and processes all Accounts Payable (AP) & Accounts Receivables (AR) ensuring all properly documented APs are timely paid and all ARs are collected and all are accurately posted to QuickBooks Online and reconciled to the budget. Works with other Chargers staff ensure successful AR collections.
- Collaborates with the club CPA to complete the IRS 990 tax return and & submits the State of Florida’s annual solicitation filing – both needed to maintain the club’s 501(c)3 status.
- Manages banking relationship with Wells Fargo & integrates all processed transactions with QuickBooks.
- Manages maintenance & use of the Team Snap system (for team account credit card payments & team communication).
- Proposes to Board & obtains approval for each season’s scholarship program by developing needed forms and submission procedures, posting the information on the club website and confidentially processing all submitted requests.
- Works with, supports & backs up the club’s business team (e.g. Team Account Bookkeeper, Admin Manager, Member Billing & Collections, and Website/Communications/Social Media staff, etc).
- Acts as the primary depository maintaining all required club documents needed for the general operation of the club including those that are needed to maintain the club’s 501(C)3 status.
- Updates annual coach agreement obtaining board approval and then ensuring they are presented and signed at the beginning of every season.
- Manages & maintains the private Team Manager web pages to provide tools & info working through the webmaster.
- Completes periodic reports meeting the requirements of the various municipalities (field site owners) in order to maintain our field usage status. Requests all required Certificates of Insurance for each program/field site.
- Works with Website, Social Media & Communication Staff/Service Providers to ensure appropriate & timely postings/communications. Also, ensures that each campus/program detail is properly documented & posted on the club website as well as communicated/advertised to appropriate parties.
- Manages the set-up, maintenance & use of the club’s email database & club communications (currently through Constant Contact).
- And other business & accounting aspects that become required.
Uniform & Gear Management
- Collaborates with the Board and the chosen uniform manufacturer (currently Capelli Sport) to finalize the proposed contract with Board approval. Once approved, facilitates a strong working relationship with the manufacturer representative to ensure both sides continue to meet the agreed-upon terms. Also, acts as the primary contact between members & the uniform vendor to help resolve any outstanding issues.
- Collaborates with the rest of Key Staff & the Board to determine & finalize each 2-year cycle competitive & DA uniform submitting that order (including proposed player count numbers by program) to the uniform vendor by the Capelli Sport deadline.
- Coordinates the ordering process each year for the Academy & Coach gear kits plus other Capelli Sport items (e.g. tournament items, balls, etc.) ordered through our uniform vendor maxing out our annual Capelli Sport Promotional dollars by the Capelli Sport deadline. Coordinates uniform vendor shipments.
- While working with the uniform vendor representative, ensures that their online uniform ordering site for competitive uniforms & fanwear is properly set up. Then posts the information up on the club website & communicates it to the families of chosen players.
- Coordinates with each of the 3 rec program coordinators providing them the ordering tools to gather their rec uniform orders and submits their orders to the uniform vendor so that deliveries are received prior to the beginning of each program.
Technical & System Management
- In the areas of this position, ascertains needs & sources technical systems & tools that can be used by staff and/or members to meet the needs including staff collaboration providing directions/training. Currently, some include: QuickBooks Online, Chargers Email server, Sync (was DropBox), Google Drive, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, Canva, TeamSnap, SupportBee Online Customer Ticket System, Zoom Meetings, Whereby Meetings, Wells Fargo & PayPal Online, Tech Soup, Microsoft Volume Licensing, Demosphere, Hightail, Rebrandly, etc.
- Researches, determines & maintains all repositories of club data & information including ensuring proper secure backup procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Preferred).
- QuickBooks Online experience (Preferred)
- Must be able to successfully pass all risk management & background checks.
- Must live within the geographic Gulf Coast area of the Club operations.
Professional work experience that demonstrates:
- Strong Accounting Manager experience.
- High attention to detail - Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Management and organizational skills
- Solid technology and analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Quality experience with Microsoft Excel
- Eager problem-solver making
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service oriented that allows for pleasant and beneficial interactions with all members & staff.