5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER COACHING YOUR CHILD'S SOCCER TEAM!
Here are some of the reasons we hear: "I've never coached before". "I've never played soccer before." "I don't have the time"! Our LWR Chargers SC Recreation Program has between 30-35 teams every season that need a coach. Parent volunteers are the life-blood of our organization. It just doesn't work without you!
We would like to offer our Top-5 list of why you should!
1. BUILD YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR CHILD - Coaching offers an opportunity to build a lasting relationship with your child. When your child is grown and looks back on her childhood, she won't remember how many games were won or lost, but she will remember how special it was to have mom or dad coach her team.
2. ROLE-MODEL SPORTSMANSHIP - Coaching gives you the opportunity to teach impressionable young children how to handle adversity, how to learn from their mistakes, and how to show respect for their teammates and opponents. These lessons will stay with them throughout their lives.
3. CONTROL YOUR SCHEDULE - The coach of the team gets to choose the days, times and location of the practices. Do soccer on your schedule, not someone else's!
4. FREE COACH TRAINING - SNSA offers training classes at no charge to teach basic soccer concepts and provide games and drills to teach fundamental soccer skills and tactics.
5. SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT - Over the years, many parents that have volunteered to coach in SNSA have told us that it has been a rewarding experience for them. Watching the practice time pay off as the kids start to use the skills they learn in the games; observing the full range of emotions from frustration to exuberance; developing a passion for the game; and making friendships that will last long after the days of youth soccer have passed.
We encourage you to consider coaching your child’s soccer team and we hope that if asked to coach a team, you will view it as an opportunity to enrich your life and the lives of the kids you coach - and say YES!